As a key member of our staff, our bar manager must ensure the bar operates smoothly, with sufficient stock and staff at all times. The ideal candidate in this position must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintaining a courteous demeanor with customers, as well as effectively make use of downtime. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to company values and image. The bar manager pays close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests and job satisfaction of staff, as well as the financial success of the establishment.
- Occupy a number of bartending shifts each week and the potential to bartend or barback weekday or weekend events or parties is required.
- Prepare weekly schedules for bartender and barback staff to adequately cover all shifts. Provide for coverage in case of employee absence and adjust staffing as necessary to meet business demands.
- Monitor inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock is maintained.
- Oversee cleanliness of staff and physical bar area, paying special attention to possible health hazards and code violations.
- Review sales and beverage costs, and reconcile any discrepancies in accounting. Ensure proper cash management.
- Oversee the preparation of beverages and ensure quality of product served.
- Book, manage and track all events and party schedules for the Social Hall.